PM accused of squeezing thigh of journalist

LONDON: Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been accused of squeezing the thigh of a woman journalist under the table during a private lunch.Charlotte Edwardes said the incident took place at the offices of The Spectator magazine in London shortly after Johnson became editor in 1999. After the lunch, she said she had confided in the young woman who was sitting on the other side of Johnson, who told her: “Oh God, he did exactly the same to me.”Writing her first column for The Sunday Times, Edwardes said: “I’m seated on Johnson’s right; on his left is a young woman I know. More wine is poured; more wine is drunk. Under the table I feel Johnson’s hand on my thigh. He gives it a squeeze. His hand is high up my leg and he has enough inner flesh beneath his fingers to make me sit suddenly upright.” Downing Street has not commented on the report.

from The News International - World https://ift.tt/2oqG13w

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sudan’s Bashir charged with illegal use of foreign funds